Monday, November 3, 2008

More of Allie's Quilts

Allie, our youngest daughter who works on an organic farm in Ancram, NY, sent me photos of her most recent quilted wall hangings. They are a set of three carrots Umbelliferae Embrace Mother and Child Lover Friend that go along with other vegetable designs she has been making recently - see my earlier post. She has an exhibit of her quilt projects this month in the cafe area of the farm store at Hawthorne Valley Farm in Harlemville, NY. She hung the quilts last Thursday, and had sold these three before she got them all hung, with the understanding that they will remain with the rest of the exhibit until the end of the month. Now she has also sold 2 of her cow designs (Hans and Bodo) and one person has asked her to do a vegetable design of her choice for her. As you can imagine, Allie is very excited about all of this. I'm hoping she will send us some photos of the whole group of quilts.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I love them. They are great

love and hugs Gina xxx

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for Allie! I feel like I know a celebrity - a quilter who has sold her original work!!! I want to be like her one day. I hope to see photos of the whole exhibit.