Thursday, September 24, 2009

Reilly's quilt and some table runners

As usual when I start a new blog entry, I wonder where to start. I have been working on several projects since my last posting. My newest granddaughter Reilly's quilt - the Squarin' Around that I mentioned in my last entry - is now ready for some borders. Here is the center - Center of Reilly's quilt and a couple of possible borders - Reilly's quilt with 2 possible borders Reilly's quilt with one wide border I am going to GA again next week and will take the center and the possible borders with me for her parents to help me decide what to use for the borders. I think the brown with cream dots will be the backing. I'm sure I have thought this before, but I really do think this was the hardest quilt to piece that I have ever done. I like the way it turned out -- but not sure I would want to try it again!

Last spring our guild had a workshop on quilt-as-you-go table runners. I have finally finished 2 - one I started in the workshop and one that I did while helping the Senior Center ladies learn how. Here are the two of them First 2 tablerunners and here they are with the backing showing.First 2 tablerunners showing backings When the piecing is finished all you have to do is add the binding. These have been very popular at our guild recently - one lady recently showed 13 she had made!

1 comment:

Vesuviusmama said...

Nancy, the photos of Reilly's quilt don't do it justice - it is beautiful! Still haven't made a table runner yet, but as a non-machine quilter, I'm thinking I need to learn how to do something that is "quilt-as-you-go". That might just be the ticket.