Friday, March 6, 2009

Blocks for ALA Quilts

One of the online quilting groups I belong to is the ALABiblioquilters. We are all librarians and library-related folks. For the past several years this group has been making 2 or 3 quilts to be auctioned at the annual ALA meeting held each summer. The proceeds of the silent auction go to ALA's scholarship fund. I just heard about the group and joined last year, and contributed blocks for 2 of the quilts last year - shown here. This year I volunteered to make 2 blocks for "Chicago BLT" Chicago BLT Blocks and 2 for "Star Struck"(a Bonnie Hunter gem) Star Struck Blocks For "Chicago BLT" (Chicago because it is the home of ALA, and the site of this year's conference) the organizer sent us the brown and red fabrics and we are to supply the yellow and green. For "Star Struck" the organizer sent us the more solid red, which we could use for some or all of our sections, and were are to supply the black and white prints. For this one we are to send the 8 quarters back to her and she will arrange them. I have lots of black/white prints left from Lillian's quilt and would love to do a bigger one of these. As usual, Bonnie has come up with a great quilt pattern! I have one block to make for the 3rd quilt, then I'll mail them all off to the "Quilt Mamas." It is a version of a 4 patch with 2 parts being smaller 4 patches and the other 2 being stars. I still need to select my fabrics to go with what was sent to me for this one.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Those blocks look great! You are very productive!
Kristie

Linda Buss said...

Love the New York Beauty blocks, and saw the QCC website, but it is no longer active. How can I get the patterns?

Linda B

Nancy said...

Linda, I don't know how else to reach you since your Blogger profile doesn't give an email addrsss. You are right, the QCC site does not exist anymore - there was a real mess with the designer of those blocks. Email me for more information.

Linda Buss said...

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your speedy response. My email is umabunny1@comcast.net.

Linda B