Thursday, April 4, 2013

Trying Again to Blog!

I am going to try again to post regularly about my quilting life. I guess we'll just see if this time goes any better than the last time I tried to start again with the blog. It appears that I have lost all the pictures from my previous blog entries because they were on Webshots which is now a subscription site, and I did not pay the subscription. So, I will be trying a different way to load pictures. If this works OK I might try to go back and put the pictures back in this way for the old blog entries. Doesn't that sound like fun!

Today I went with other guild members to the Southeastern Quilt and Textile Museum in Carrollton, GA. It is a cold and rainy day here and there - not at all like GA should be in April. Fortunately I was not one of the drivers for this 1 1/2+ hr trip thru Atlanta traffic. We all ate at cute little restaurant on the square in Carrollton before going to the museum. I was disappointed to see that there were not more quilts on display, but I don't think they have been open for long. The quilts there right now are from a guild in Canton, GA. It is always interesting to see what other quilters are doing, so I'm glad we went.

One of my guild friends just gave me back my most recent finished quilt that she had quilted for me. It is a Blooming Nine-Patch and will go in our sunroom. The backing is like the fabric in the center, and the binding will match the outer brown border I think. I may have to curl up under it tonight even though it hasn't been bound yet! She did a feathery design on it, but the photo I took of it doesn't do it justice. I'll try again when I get it bound. 


2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

It's good to see you trying again. I hope you get it all sorted out. We have had weird weather here too and I have heard a typhoon is expected from tonight. Typhoons are a late summer thing and we had a long winter, a leap into spring with everything busting out at once and now this. That looks like a good quilt to curl up under.

Nancy said...

Julie, hope the typhoon forecast was incorrect! Good to hear from you.