Thursday, April 18, 2013

Spring Skinnie - My Monthly Mini


Each month one of our guild members donates a "monthly mini" to the guild. Other members buy $1 raffle tickets for the drawing, and at the end of the business meeting the winning number is drawn. A few months ago I won the "mini."  This 48" square quilt was made by Harriette - with this donation she has now officially raised the bar of what the "mini" could be! 

 



I decided I should contribute one too, but I wanted to wait a few months for people to forget what this one looked like! I have decided to try to make the "Spring Skinnie" from the March/April 2013 issue of Quiltmaker

I signed up for the May meeting, so this must be completely finished by May 2. It will be a challenge for me as I have only once done fusible applique and and a machine blanket stitch. I really would like to have one for us too - I especially like the idea of related but different pieces for the seasons, and even have an idea or two about where I'd like to hang one for us, but first things first -- DO ONE FOR THE GUILD. Once it is assembled the next challenge is quilting it. I really only do straight lines in machine quilting, so if it is gong to be by machine it won't look like the one in the magazine. Or it will be hand-quilted. Will anyone really want that - I don't know.  

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I really admire anyone who can make a machine behave well enough to do all that. Do your own thing ... no one is going to find that pattern and compare.