Friday, September 26, 2008

Quick Zip System questions

A couple of days ago a quilting friend of mine let me come practice some on her Gammill. I used some of the pantographs she has and also did a little free-motion quilting. I have several quilts in progress that I would like to try quilting on her machine, but we are wondering how to best do that when she also has quilts to do for a few customers as well as for herself, and she has another friend who also uses her machine some. We are looking into the Quick Zip System as a way to easily change out quilts that we are working on since we don't think any of us would necessarily be able to finish one in a single segment of time. Does anyone out there have experience, good or bad, with this system? Here are 2 links to a description of the system - KM Quilting Supply and Quilting Connection. Sounds like she would need to have a machine set and then each of the users would need a quilting set.

1 comment:

Jen said...

HOnestly? Buy sleeping bag zippers and make them yourselves. It will be wayyyyy cheaper! I actually own 3 zippers cause I decided not to go this route. It just didn't make sense for me. BUT for you guys it totally makes sense!! There's a site; zipperstop.com or something like that.