Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stashbuster Club Report, and Two Aprons

I didn't go to the Stashbuster Club today expecting to make any purchases, but by the time I left the shop I had 5 new tools: a Wing Clipper, a 12" Quick Quarter II, a Sixth Finger Stiletto, a package of Clover's forked pins, and a 12 1/2" square Creative Grid ruler. new tools You're wondering if I did anything besides buy toys - well, yes I did. I was only one of two students in the class, and the other one works in the shop so was only in the class about 1/2 the time because the employees were busy getting ready for Shop Hop which starts tomorrow morning. But she still got as many blocks done as I did  - I know, it's not a race, but still .......... 


Here are the 4 blocks I made today. Simple Simon - first 4 blocks The last 2 are sewn together but not the others. Next time I'll try taking a picture in the daylight, but you can get the idea. I think I will make the rest of the blocks first before deciding which ones to put where. The pattern we used is "Simple Simon" from Stash Pot Pie, which sounded like a computer program that the shop purchased. I've laid the blocks on top of the fabrics I plan to use for the two borders, so you can see that I am alternating the centers that are from those two fabrics. The Y-seam does not seem daunting at all now, so that is good. The blocks finish at 9" - I'm leaning towards making it the larger size - 6 X 7 - instead of 4 X 5, but we'll see.



Now I can show the two aprons that I made recently. 2 tea towel aprons One I kept, which I posted a picture of a few days ago, and one I sent to Erin. After last week I thought she could use a little cheering up!

We are probably going to leave tomorrow going back to VA for DH to run in a race on Saturday morning in Charlottesville, with a stop each way in east TN to stay with my mom, unless he decides his cough is too bad for running 10 miles. So, handwork for a few days in the car but no sewing machine.

2 comments:

Hazel said...

There's something to be said for being the only student in the class ,you got a lot accomplished .Great toys I will have to have a look at some of them .

Vesuviusmama said...

That quilt is going to be a beauty! I like the color combo, probably not one I would have arrived at on my own. And you've gotta let us know which of your new toys are must-haves. And perhaps the next time I see you I can get a Y-seam lesson?